Candida albicans is fungus that's a normal inhabitant of our body's gastrointestinal tract. However, when an overgrowth of candida takes place‚ it can cause thrust and yeast infections. Caprylate Complex is a calcium‚ magnesium‚ zinc supplement formulated not only with the minerals that your body could potentially need during a candida albicans overgrowth‚ but with caprylic acid‚ which some speculate could actually help regulate normal levels of the fungus.
Most medical experts recommend taking one to three capsules with each meal. Three capsules of the Caprylate Complex primarily comprise 100 mg of Calcium (as caprylate), 50 mg of Magnesium (as caprylate), 5 mg of Zinc (as caprylate), and 1290 mg of Caprylic Acid.
Caprylic acid, taken either by mouth or used topically, is thought to treat a number of health conditions, including:
- Skin infections
- Candidiasis (including yeast infections and oral thrush)
- Hyperlipidaemia (high cholesterol and triglycerides)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Lactose intolerance
- Tinea corporis (ringworm)
Do’s and Don’ts:
If you are taking the supplement to fight off candida, these are the main foods you could avoid such as
- sugars like honey, chocolate, and artificial sweeteners
- alcohol like wine, beer, liquors, and ciders
- all vinegars except apple cider vinegar
- fats and oils like soy oil, peanut oil, corn oil and canola oil,
- condiments like ketchup soy sauce mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and horseradish
- grains like anything with wheat, rye, oats, and barley along with bread, pasta, and rice.