Total Enzymes is a supplement that contains— you guessed it— enzymes‚ and a lot of them too! With over half a dozen plant enzymes‚ these capsules are able to provide several key benefits to promote digestive health. The plant enzymes used in Total Enzymes are unique because—unlike most animal-derived or naturally occurring enzymes—they’re able to work in the stomach‚ in addition to the small intestine. Most enzymes created by the human body or animals are only capable of working in the small intestine.
The enzymes used to make Total Enzymes include Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Malt Diastase, Lactase, and Cellulase.
- Amylase helps in breaking down carbohydrates and also acts as anti-inflammatory
- Protease helps in breaking down proteins
- Lipase plays a critical role in digesting fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A‚ vitamin D‚ and vitamin E
- Malt diastase is an enzyme that helps your body break down carbohydrates for absorption
- Lactase helps in breaking down lactose
- Cellulase helps you digest cellulose‚ a nutrient that your body struggles with.
Do’s and Don’ts:
If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or taking prescription drugs, consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.